(Available in English, in Spanish, and as an EZ Read version) | Useful to Parent Centers in working with youth who have developmental disabilities and are interested in pursuing employment.
This six-hour self-study course is designed to help people with developmental disabilities find meaningful jobs and plan a career. In this course, participants will:
- create a resume or portfolio of their strengths, skills, and interests;
- learn how to network and identify potential employers;
- prepare for an interview; and
- understand the hiring process.
The course has been updated to include information on ways that people with autism and other developmental disabilities can find competitive, meaningful employment in the emerging “digital economy.”
Three different versions of Partners in Employment are available:
- English version
- Spanish version
- EZ Read version | This version contains the same information as the regular course along with exercises and exams but uses icons (visuals) to help the participant understand concepts and to facilitate the learning process.