Learning is a treasure that follows its owner everywhere.
Updated, January 2016
A legacy resource from NICHCY
Welcome to our hubpage for schools and administrators. We are glad you’re here and would like to say “thank you” for all the work you do with, and on behalf of, students with disabilities—all students, really. They are our national treasures and our future, as you well know.
Through this entry page, we hope you find lots of information to support your work in helping students with disabilities achieve their full potential.
Specifics of IDEA
- Special education, A-Z
- Terms to know in special education
- All about the IEP
- Related services
- Transition planning for youth
- Resolving disputes
- Guidance from the U.S. Department of Education
Especially for Teachers
- About specific disabilities
- Addressing student behavior
- Participating in IEP meetings
- Supporting students with disabilities in your classroom
Especially for Administrators
- Applying discipline rules to students with disabilities
- Sexuality education for students with disabilities