Engaging Families in Technology Planning
The Center on Inclusive Technology & Education Systems (CITES) at CAST has developed a framework that empowers school districts to create and sustain inclusive technology systems that serve all students, including students with disabilities who require assistive technology or accessible educational materials. This framework centers family engagement and was developed in partnership with multiple districts across the country.
As part of the development of the framework, essential family engagement strategies were identified. The CITES Family Engagement Literature Review provides a glimpse into what current research shows as best practice. These best practices were used to develop the Family Engagement practices, which are included in each area of the CITES Framework including: Leadership, Infrastructure, Teaching, Learning and Assessment. In addition, CITES Virtual Learning Project offers a guide for family engagement strategies as related to virtual programs.
Interested in learning more?
- Join the CITES Community of Practice to meet bimonthly.
- Visit the CITES website.
- Watch this CPIR/CITES Feb 2023 Family Engagement Webinar Archive
- Listen to this Podcast: Family Engagement & Inclusive Technology
- Send questions to email@example.com
- Follow @CAST_UDL on social media to stay informed.
Published September 2023