(2018) | Useful to Parent Centers and other organizations working with Farsi-speaking individuals, families, and communities. Especially useful to Farsi communities themselves.
The Community Tool Box is a free, online resource for those working to build healthier communities and bring about social change. It is a public service developed and managed by the KU Center for Community Health and Development and partners nationally and internationally.
The toolkits, which are available in multiple languages (including, now, in Farsi!) help individuals and groups get a quick start on key activities in community work. Each toolkit gives a quick overview of resources and tools to help people work together to build healthier communities. See below for a list of the topics that each toolkit addresses.
Who speaks Farsi?
The Persian Language, also known as Farsi, is spoken today primarily in Iran and Afghanistan, but was historically a more widely understood language in an area ranging from the Middle East to India. There are significant populations of speakers in other Persian Gulf countries (Bahrain, Iraq, Oman, People’s Democratic Republic of Yemen, and the United Arab Emirates), as well as in large communities in the USA.
Access the toolkit in Farsi, at:
Additional Information about the Tool Kits at the Community Tool Box
Contents of the Typical Tool Kit
Each tool kit is divided into 16 different sections by topic, each accessible separately so that users can zero in on the topics that interest them. Here’s a list of the different sections of a toolkit. You can see that the sections proceed in a step-by-step fashion as community members work together to improve the state and health of their community.
- Creating and maintaining partnerships
- Assessing community needs and resources
- Analyzing problems and goals
- Developing a framework or model of change
- Developing strategic and action plans
- Building leadership
- Developing an intervention
- Increasing participation and membership
- Enhancing cultural competence
- Advocating for change
- Influencing policy development
- Evaluation the initiative
- Implementing social marketing
- Writing a grant application for funding
- Improving organizational management and development
- Sustaining the work or initiative
Toolkits in other languages