(2012, June) Useful to: Parent Center Management Staff
The Leading a Nonprofit Organization guidebook will be helpful to new or current executive director or anyone leading or managing a team/committee within a nonprofit. Because nonprofits vary in how they are structured, the toolkit is divided into two main sections: “Operational Responsibilities of the Executive Director” and “Leading Teams.”
For New Executive Directors | The toolkit goes through the many duties of an executive directors, discussing what those duties involve and including helpful checklists on such duties as:
- establishing and enforcing the vision of the organization;
- recruiting and supervising office staff;
- maintaining a productive relationship with the board of directors;
- creating a fundraising plan that will ensure sustainability; and
- managing organizational finances.
Leading Teams | This section of the toolkit will be helpful to anyone leading or managing a team/committee within a nonprofit. Discussions include topics such as: leadership/management style, team management and performance tools, and exercises and activities to align staff, build trust, and hold team status check-ins.