This page is under construction while we update our materials for the new year.
We look forward to having new resources available by spring, so be sure to check back soon!
Transition to Adulthood
- Working with Adult Allies | Webinar from the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network (ASAN) explores how youth self-advocates and adult allies can collaborate effectively
- Sharing Your Story for a Public Policy Purpose | Webinar from the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network (ASAN) explains how to use personal stories for advocacy in different situations
- Participating in Advisory Groups | Webinar from the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network (ASAN) on what youth self-advocates need to know in order to serve on boards and other groups
- Leadership is a Journey: A Series for Youth Self-Advocates | Webinar series from National Center for Family/Professional Partnerships (NCFPP) in collaboration with the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network, Kids As Self-Advocates, and Youth MOVE supports the identification of leadership as a journey and support understanding and learning in key leadership development area
- Starting and Sustaining a Youth Advisory Board Series | Webinar series for organizations that seek to develop a youth advisory board
Public Participation Flexibilities
The U.S. Department of Education has highlighted flexibilities with regard to hearings for meeting thepublic participation requirements. I have attached two Topic Briefs addressing permissible flexibilities with regard to the public participation requirements at 34 C.F.R. § 300.165 (Part B) and 34 C.F.R. § 303.208 and in section 441(b)(7) of GEPA (20 U.S.C. 1232d(b)(7) (Part C). Please the documents below.