This website includes a set of useful tools for anyone who is currently serving, or wants to serve, on a decision-making group. This can include parents, students, educators, administrators, and community members. It was researched, developed, and written collaboratively by a broad stakeholder group of statewide agencies, school representatives and family members across Wisconsin.
These tools, including on-line training modules for individuals and a guidebook for use in training groups, were developed to address the need to support families in serving on decision-making groups, and the information and structure can be used to support anyone serving on those groups. It is a great introduction for some, a welcome refresher for others, and a resource for all, including experts and mentors, so everyone can come to the table ready to serve. The sections to the Guidebook are:
- Section 1: Opportunities to Get Involved
- Section 2: Types of Groups
- Section 3: Processes Groups Use
- Section 4: Tools Groups Use
- Section 5: Tips and Strategies for Groups
- Section 6: Understanding Data
- Section 7: The Role of Families on Groups
- Section 8: Skills for Serving on Groups
State Personnel Development Grant (2013). WI Department of Public Instruction, Madison, WI, Wisconsin Family Assistance Center for Education, Training, and Support (WI FACETS).