- Summary of the webinar (Keep scrolling)
- Download the presentation slides
- Listen to the webinar
Hosted by the Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR)
Date | November 12, 2020
In this webinar, the data team staff from OSEP’s Research to Practice division provide an overview of the types of data that OSEP collects and publicly reports under Section 618 of. Under Section 618, states are required to submit data to show that the law is being carried out in the state, such as the number of children served (i.e., child count). There are a number of required Section 618 data elements on which states must report. This webinar looks specifically at:
- Child Count data from IDEA’s Part B (special education services to school-aged children) and Part C (early intervention services for infants and toddlers with disabilities);
- Assessment data from Part B, and
- Exiting data from both Parts B and C.
Participants are shown how to access the 618 data as well as how to answer some commonly asked questions about infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities receiving services under IDEA. The OSEP data team also shares additional sources of data on children with disabilities that are published by other offices within the U.S. Department of Education.
Visit OSEP’s webpages on Section 618 data:
- Meredith Miceli, OSEP Research to Practice Division
- Rebecca “Becca” Smith, OSEP Research to Practice Division
Listen to the Webinar
The recording of the webinar is on our YouTube channel, at: https://youtu.be/bkx8MG9lADw
We embed the webinar here, for easy viewing: